Born on 27.05.1959 in Shillong.Completed schooling from Loreto Convent(Shillong),Tashi Namgyal Academy(Gangtok)and St. Joseph's (Kalimpong). Graduated in English(Hons.) from Lady Shriram College, and Post Graduated from Delhi University in English.Was a topper in West Bengal School Final Exams as well as in Delhi University.
Joined Indian Police Service in 1986 and alloted Jammu & Kashmir Cadre.
Was posted in SDPO Reasi, Jammu & Kashmir ,SP Traffic,Kashmir,AIG(Pers) PHQ,Jammu & Kashmir,SSP,Udhampur,Jammu & Kashmir then Proceeded on state to state deputation to Assam Government,AIG(Trg. & Armed Police),Assam ,SP(Security)Assam,DIG(Traffic) Jammu & Kashmir,DIG(Admin.) PHQ,Deputation to CBI,DIG(Anti. Corruption Branch),CBI,Delhi,DIG(North East Reagion) CBI ,DIG(North East Reagion) CBI,Deputation to SSB,IG,SSB(FHQ Patna),IG,SSB(FHQ Guwahati),IGP(Intelligence) CID, Jammu & Kashmir,IGP(Hqtr.) PHQ, Jammu & Kashmir,ADGP(HG/CD/SDRF), Jammu & Kashmir,and presently serving as Director, North Eastern Police Academy,Meghalaya.
1) As AIG(Pers) PHQ,Jammu & Kashmir,brought about transparency in recruitement policy,formalized transfer policy and established Grievance Cell within PHQ.
2)As SP(Security) Assam, managed overall security set up and brought about new concepts in VIP Security Management systems
3) As DIG,CBI,was responsible for investigation of high profile cases against senior bureaucrats and High Court refferd cases such as custodial killings by army,oil scams,university scam ,Bank frauds etc.
4) As IG,SSB(FHQ Patna) oversaw border management during Nepal elections and as IG,SSB(FHQ Guwahati) handled the Bhutan border during Bhutan elections
5) As IG/ADG(Hqtrs) PHQ Jammu & Kashmir, revamped budget management,purchase/procurement and welfare measures.
6)As ADG(HG/CD/SDRF),disaster management as a concept was evolved among all Civil Defence volunteers within Jammu & Kashmir.
1) DGP,Jammu & Kashmir for meritorious service.
2) DGP,SSB Disc for advance intelligence input on the serial bomb blasts which took place in Guwahati in 2008.
3) Sher-e-Kashmir Medal for meritorious service.
4) Indian Police Medal for meritorious service.
5) President's Medal for distinguished service.
Represented India in INTERPOL Workshop on Bio-terrorism in Singapore.